As many developing countries are still struggling to decide the best options to treat and dispose waste, we, Zero Waste Malaysia would encourage every Malaysian to do their part even if it’s a small one, to make a gradual change .
Since events are one of the main contributors of waste, little steps can be taken to produce little to no waste; before, during and after an event is held. Conducting zero waste events is a great way to bring waste generation issue into light.
We’re going to guide you through the steps to reduce waste in your event. By the end of this handbook, you should be able to,
- Understand what a zero waste event means
- Plan and practise zero / less waste in your event
- Know that zero waste can be environmentally and financially beneficial
- Encourage others to practice zero waste to help conserve our environment and reduce our carbon footprints
- Discover various tools for a zero waste event
Therefore, we’re challenging you to make this a personal responsibility to organise zero waste events at your company / organisation and make it into a new practice.