Who We Are
Established in 2016, Zero Waste Malaysia (“ZWM”) is a non-profit organisation (PPM-044-10-29032018) registered under The Registry of Societies of Malaysia and community group based in Malaysia advocating for sustainable development and aiming to increase the local community’s awareness in sustainable living.
Our Vision & Mission
Living zero waste is a journey of replacing disposables with reusables, and the 5Rs (Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rot) is in the forefront of everything we do. We strive to adopt the zero waste lifestyle whilst creating an education and resource platform for the community.
To raise RM100,000 throughout 1st – 31st DEC 2019. The funds raised through Project 0 will be used to:
- Expand ZWM’s outreach to positively impact more communities
- Champion the Zero Waste movement in Malaysia
- Strengthen ZWM’s commitment as a resource and education platform to the community
- Boost ZWM’s capacity and capability building
- Develop and build up Zero Waste Malaysia’s core team and overall manpower
- Contribute to increased awareness and adoption of Zero Waste lifestyle and processes in Malaysia
Project 0 will be used to power our ongoing and upcoming projects include:
Deliver at least 10 free talks to Local Schools and NGOs (East and West Malaysia)
Zero Waste Handbook
Launch Zero Waste Office Handbook in Jan 2020
Zero Waste Malaysia Map
Develop a user-friendly resources map
Zero Waste Pledge
Evaluate at least 20 businesses implementing #zerowaste
Zero Waste Consultancy
Planning stage for consultation provision on zero waste management
Zero Waste Lesson Plan
Classrom/at-home learning modules for local primary and secondary school students
Zero Waste Malaysia exhibits our commitment for transparency by publishing all donations, partnership accounts and audits publicly available online.
To ensure transparency for Project 0, Zero Waste Malaysia will publish a weekly performance update on our social media including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. This weekly update will comprise:
- The latest amount of funds raised
- List of fundraisers
- List of donors
- This document is not a partnership proposal and Zero Waste Malaysia will not be providing any special benefits to our Fundraisers/Donors except listing your business name / brand name on our social media and marketing posts.
- Our Fundraisers/Donors include government agencies, non-governmental organisations, academic groups and institutions, corporate enterprises, Zero Waste brands and vendors, and individual entities and brands
- We are not eligible to issue tax exemption receipts for the donations made.
- Don’t be restricted by our suggestions! Please feel free to let us know of other amazing ideas on how you can help! 🙂
Thanks for helping us to ZERO in on our goals!